The largest park in Brooklyn, New York City (NYC) is inspired by Central Park in Manhattan; this underrated beautiful park is Prospect Park. Prospect Park is a great choice for engagement photos, all seasons, and even fairytale-themed!
3 reasons why you should do your engagement photos in Prospect Park instead of Central Park
- It’s’ underrated and not as populated as Central Park – easier to find parking too!
- Like Central Park, there are hidden gems with very classic architecture
- Like Central Park, there’s a zoo and even better – the best Botanical Garden!
Fairytale inspired Engagement Photos in Prospect Park Brooklyn
This photo session was inspired by a fairytale. I have long maxi tulle skirts to make any bride-to-be feel like a fairytale princess during her photo sessions. This mauve layered glitter skirt paired with a bodysuit is a perfect fairytale-inspired look.
Color is important. Mauve pink looks great with summer / lush backdrops in Prospect Park. Her fiance is wearing a blue suit to compliment the scene and what she wore.
The complimentary fairytale skirt rental fits waists between 25 inches to 27 inches.
Brooklyn Beauty Team:
Where I got the Custom Fairytale (Princess) Inspired Tulle Skirt:
ETSY SHOP: 1000LOVE
- Hire a hair and makeup team
- Get manicures (both you and your partner)
- Pick outfits that compliment each other. Need help with this? Ask your photographer.
- Bring props, like blankets, champagne, glasses, and anything to announce your engagement
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around in, then change into those stylish stilettos when you get to your location for photos
- Wear a flowy romantic gown – as you see in these engagement photos examples in Prospect Park
- Choose an area in Prospect Park to meet – consider how close it is to the train or parking
- Read more on how to prepare for your engagement photos here