The perfect gift for your partner on your wedding day
Give the gift of you on your wedding day…. I am Miranda, a female boudoir photographer based in NYC and Jersey City.
Meet Miranda, the female photographer in Jersey City
HI! I am Miranda Suess, sometimes a boudoir photographer and most times a couples photographer (wedding, engagement, elopement) based in Jersey City, NJ but also can photograph sessions in NYC. I love making women feel empowered and confident. My boudoir photography style is tasteful and similar to Noir, Victorias Secret Ads, and basically tasteful. The first step in achieving the beautiful boudoir photos you will not only obsess over but also your fiance is to make sure you feel comfortable and prepared.
How to feel comfortable about your boudoir photo session with Suess Moments
As soon as I arrive (approx 45 minutes before a photoshoot and while you’re finishing up with glam), I will say hello, allow you to sip on your champagne or drink of choice (avoid red wine!) and we consult about the lingerie sets you have and how I guide you into poses through the photoshoot. To get a better idea of your vision, you can start Pinterest pinning (create a board) boudoir posing inspiration to share with me leading up the session. Ultimately, I think the best way to be comfortable during the shoot is to set the mood with music. If you don’t have one already, I will be prepared with a Bluetooth speaker. As long as you have a Spotify playlist ready we can link it up and play the beats that literally make you feel like the main character during the shoot. Think Beyonce….Partition music video
When should I book my boudoir photoshoot to have the album in time of wedding day?
I recommend you book a boudoir photoshoot in NYC or Jersey City with Suess Moments 3.5 or more months before your wedding day. This way you could have the album in time to gift your partner on the wedding day. IN the event you are planning your boudoir photoshoot closer to the wedding date, still, inquire just in case I can rush the edits/album delivery. Otherwise, you can plan a mini boudoir photo shoot with your wedding photographer on wedding day OR gift the album on a birthday or Valentines Day instead 🙂
Prepare for your Boudoir Photos
The lingerie online shops
Plan at least 3 lingerie outfits
- boudoir robe
- pair of heels
- jewelry/ring (sentimental pieces)
- your partner’s button-up shirt
- thigh high stockings
- garter belt
Please avoid this before your boudoir photoshoot
- sun and tan lines and burn (natural skin tones photograph best and tan lines are almost impossible to remove in editing)
- wearing tight clothes the day of (removing indents in the skin can be difficult for editing)
- distractions such as children, pets, phone usage
- red wine (can turn your mouth black and possibly stain)
Be prepared for your boudoir photoshoot in Jersey City or NYC
- Within 72 hours, treat yourself to a mani-pedi
- Learn how to prepare before glam (professional hair and makeup) by reading this blog
- Dry & washed hair
- Wash face before but don’t apply moisturizer or SPF (your makeup artist will do the skin prep)
- Wear a tank top or robe (must be okay with makeup getting on it)
- Share a recent headshot of you
- Let your professional glam team know if you have skin allergies/sensitivities, explain your hair type, and if you have lash extensions
- Remove all garment tags from your lingerie sets (bring scissors just in case)
- Create a Spotify playlist (ex: Beyonce, Rhianna, Jlo, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Pussycat Dolls, etc.)
- Makeup a white lie what you’re doing on photoshoot day
- Pinterest pin to a board that you can share with me of inspirational poses you find. Ideas to search “boudoir” “lingerie” “noir” “sports illustrated” or your favorite model/actress/musician
Where does the boudoir photoshoot take place in Jersey City or NYC
- If we are doing the photo shoot in your home in NYC or Jersey City, please consider that we need a plethora of natural light, windows, and a clutter-free bedroom and bedroom for the best looking boudoir portraits
- In the event we book a photo shoot in a NYC or Jersey City hotel room, you will have the option to invite your partner as a “date night” after the photoshoot is over
- Most cases, we book a photoshoot in a studio (hourly rental) in NYC or Jersey City
The Boudoir photoshoot timeline
3 hours for glam
30 min photographer equipment setup/consultation
2 hours of photos
15 min for breakdown/clean up
What to expect after the boudoir photoshoot
Depending on the collection you ordered (see pricing here) , you most likely will book a photoshoot including a boudoir album. Regardless of the collection, you do receive digital downloads that you can order prints or use for social media posts or sexting later. Below is the breakdown of what to expect after the boudoir photoshoot:
- Within 72 hours, sneak peeks of 3-5 images for instant download or order prints
- Within 6 weeks, a full gallery preview of approx 50 retouched images where you can download or order prints
- Begin favoriting images to put in your boudoir album, when finished share them with me to begin the album design process. Once you approve the design, it will be sent to the manufacturer for production. The album will be delivered to me for inspection + boutique packaging + shipping.
- Prompt communication is important between client and photographer to meet deadlines. Expect this process to take at least 2 + months after the full gallery release date.
- In case you’re in a rush to receive your album or digital downloads you have an option to get them sooner than the standard 6 weeks for $500
- You have the option to receive the album sooner, this depends on your address and the manufacturer fees.
- Rather than have the post office deliver your album (there are potential risks of delays or losing your shipment), you can request to personally have me hand-deliver the album to you. This cost depends on your address.
- You love your boudoir album design and the photos you choose, but the book ended up requiring additional spreads? The cost is $30 per page. (The basic album includes 20 pages/10 spreads)
- Additional travel fees outside of my range in Jersey City
What does the boudoir album look like?
Great question! You have a choice of black vegan leather (cheaper option) or black luxury leather. The album is lay flat with black gilding edges. The front cover title is embossed and reads “For My Husband”. Inside are thick pages that lay flat carefully designed with the photos you favorited from the online gallery. You, of course, get to approve the design before it’s sent to my manufacturer for production. Below is a short sample video of the boudoir album. Once the manufacturer mails me the album for inspection, I package it in a black matte box with black tissue paper and it will be shipped directly to whatever address you wish to share with me. However, if you happen to be local, I can also hand-deliver it to you for an extra small fee (basically you’re adding insurance in case it gets lost in the mail).
Suess Moments NJ and NYC Boudoir Photos